INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect personal data via the following methods:
- When you register or enrol to use our website and courses
- When you report a problem or ask a question to do with our site
The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you would reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
- we have a lawful basis to process it, and
- does not adversely infringe your rights
We will periodically check that the Personal Data we store for you is accurate.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
- We will use the information to answer your enquiry, and/or process your application or online enrolment
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- School of Positive Transformation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In order to enforce any contract with you
- To protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, clients, constituents or others. This includes exchanging information with other organizations and local authorities for the purposes of fraud, safeguarding and crime prevention.
Again, we will always undertake a balancing exercise when we undertake such sharing and ensure that third parties with whom we work respect your privacy too.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us using the Contact Us on the website. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register. Our Registration Reference Number: ZA463189
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
- hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers.
- use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
- use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorized access to systems and data.
- regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. School of Positive Transformation may discipline or terminate individuals who maliciously acquire information, without being entitled to its access.
Once client information is no longer needed, School of Positive Transformation will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information as long as School of Positive Transformation is not required by applicable laws and regulations.
We will take seriously and deal promptly with any accidental or unauthorized disclosure of personal information. We follow the relevant scheme for notifiable data breaches where applicable and when handling accidental or unauthorized disclosures of personal information.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Even if you do not enter any personal information via our website, we still collect information about how you use it, but it will be anonymous. For example, we would be able to see that someone looked at a particular course we were offering on www.School of Positive Transformation but we wouldn’t be able to tell that it was you. We like to collect this information as it helps us know when you have not easily found the information you were looking for. In this case, we can create material and offer new courses depending on public interest and demand which improves our website visitors overall usage experience.
At School of Positive Transformation we want you to be in control of your own personal information. With this in mind you have:
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent to processing at any time, explaining why you wish to do so.
- Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Data held about you by providing the updated information.
- Erasure: You may ask us to delete your Personal Data, specifying why you would like us to delete your Personal Data.
- Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your Personal Data by providing details of your objection.
- Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
ENQUIRIES AND FURTHER DETAILS
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.